FUN DOG AGILITY
The difference between ‘Fun Agility’ and ‘Competition Agility’ is that with Fun Agility there’s no pressure involved to be fast or fabulous!
The main purpose is to have fun, burn energy and enhance your great communication and bond with your dog. It’s a recreational sport for you and your dog to enjoy together.
Fun Agility is for all dogs, large and small, young and old, learning at their own pace and having great fun doing so! There’s no negative reprimanding at all… it is run by positive encouragement only.
The overall benefits of Fun Dog Agility
- It’s great exercise (both physically and mentally)
- It can be a great activity to channel some instinctive behaviours.
- It helps with their confidence and focus.
- It strengthens the bond and communication between you.
- Agility is GREAT FUN for both of you!!
- It allows the dogs to enjoy the challenge and achievement no matter how slow or fast their learning capacity is.
There are different ways to enjoy Fun Dog Agility with Dogs Club!
- More specific information below these highlights, with forthcoming dates for your diary!
1. ** Pop-up Fun Agility Park ** – Set up as a course with training size equipment learning/practicing/having fun by running the course.
👉Pop ups are perfect for using once or twice p/month as a regular recreational exercise with your dog! £5 for unlimited time – No pre-booking required.
2. ** 4 Week Courses for Beginners ** – Gradual progressive learning with full/large size equipment, building up to running a full size course. Just £40 per 4 week course – Up to 5 Dogs/handlers per class
3. ** Booster Classes ** – Using the big equipment, with a more challenging set up. Mastering the use of all the equipment and incorporating further handling techniques. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
4. ** Handling Classes (Intermediate level) ** – After you’ve attended a beginners course…. Working on challenging sequences, focusing on handling techniques, using selected full/big size equipment. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
5. ** 1-2-1 classes ** – Tailored to your requirements – Any level can be coached in our 1-2-1 sessions (beginners to advanced) Just £20 – 40mins
- IMPORTANT NOTE – Puppies are not allowed to jump until they are over 6months old, and only low heights up to 18months.
4 Week Beginners Course
- £40 for a 4 week course.
- Progressive learning with large or full size equipment.
- Introducing new obstacles each lesson.
- Last class will be a full course set up.
- Taught in a fully enclosed space.
Advanced Bookings only
Courses will return next April 2020!
Booster Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a full set of big kit (as learnt in the beginners course)
- Mastering the use of the equipment and focus technique and positioning.
- Introducing new handling techniques.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT BOOSTER CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- Saturday 8th FEB – 12 midday – 1 hr class – £10 – 1 space left
At: Braypool Recreation Ground, Braypool Lane, by RSPCA, Brighton
Intermediate Handling Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a challenging lay out with selected full size equipment.
- Learning and using new handling techniques to progress more efficiently.
- Focus on your communication with your dog.
- Focus on handling techniques to negotiate more challenging sequences.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT HANDLING CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- Sunday 16th Feb – 10.30am – 1hr class – £10 – 4 Spaces left
- The Recreation Pitch, Hollingdean Park, off Lynchet Close, Brighton BN1 7DY
1-2-1 Classes – Tailored to your requirements
- £20 for 30-40mins – please ask for further information.
1 – 2 – 1 Fun Agility Classes * Advanced bookings only *
- Sunday 2nd Feb – Tailored to your requirements
- Saturday 29th Feb – Tailored to your requirements
Pop Up… Fun Dog Agility Park – A Playground for Dogs!
- Set up as a course with training size equipment
- Learn/practice/have great fun as a regular form of exercise/play with your dog
- Just £5 per dog/handler (for unlimited time)
- Different locations each time
- For beginners and intermediates – dogs from 6mths old+ only
- No need to book! Just come along and enjoy!
NEXT POP UP AGILITY PARKS – No advanced booking needed
- Sunday 26th Jan 2020 – 11am – 1pm – Just £5 unlimited time Wish Park, Saxon Road end, Hove, BN3
- Sunday 23rd Feb – 11am – 1pm – Just £5 unlimited time Withdean Park, Peacock Lane, BN1