Qualification:– Fun Dog Agility Coaching Diploma (BCCSDip.FDAg) DISTINCTION – British College of Canine Studies – February 2018
FUN DOG AGILITY
Dog agility involves the dog negotiating anything up to 20 obstacles on a course, whilst being guided round by the handler using verbal and visual commands.
It was first seen as a display during an interval at Crufts in 1978 and it was an instant hit; nearly three decades on, agility is a hugely popular international sport.
The difference between ‘Fun Agility’ and ‘Competition Agility’ is that with Fun Agility there’s no pressure involved to be fast or fabulous!
The main purpose is for the dogs to have fun, burn energy, feel a sense of achievement, improve their confidence and it’s a great way to enhance your communication and bond with your dog. It’s a recreational sport for you and your dog to enjoy together.
Fun Agility is for all dogs, large and small, young and old, learning at their own pace and having great fun doing so! There’s no negative reprimanding at all… it is run by positive reinforcement only.
The overall benefits of Fun Dog Agility
- It’s great exercise (both physically and mentally)
- It can be a great activity to channel some instinctive behaviours.
- It helps with their confidence and focus.
- It strengthens the bond and communication between you.
- Agility is GREAT FUN for both of you!!
- It allows the dogs to enjoy the challenge and achievement no matter how slow or fast their learning capacity is.
There are different ways to enjoy Fun Dog Agility with Dogs Club!
More specific info below these highlights **SCROLL DOWN FOR forthcoming dates**
1. ** Pop-up Fun Agility Park ** – Set up as a course with training size equipment learning/practicing/having fun by running the course.
👉Pop ups are perfect for using once or twice p/month as a regular recreational exercise with your dog! £5 for unlimited time – No pre-booking required.
2. ** 4 Week Courses for Beginners ** – Gradual progressive learning with full/large size equipment, building up to running a full size course. Just £40 per 4 week course – Up to 5 Dogs/handlers per class
3. ** Booster Classes ** – Using the big equipment, with a more challenging set up. Mastering the use of all the equipment and incorporating further handling techniques. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
4. ** Handling Classes (Intermediate level) ** – After you’ve attended a beginners course…. Working on challenging sequences, focusing on handling techniques, using selected full/big size equipment. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
5. ** 1-2-1 classes ** – Tailored to your requirements – Any level can be coached in our 1-2-1 sessions (beginners to advanced) Just £16 – for 30-40mins
IMPORTANT NOTE: Puppies are not allowed to jump until they are over 6month old, and only low heights up to 18months.
4 Week Beginners Course
** ADVANCED BOOKINGS ONLY **
These run through the Summer months only (Apr-Sept)… so the next 4 Week beginners classes will begin again next April 2021
- £40 for a 4 week course.
- Progressive learning with large size equipment.
- Introducing new obstacles each lesson.
- Last class will be a full course set up.
- Up to 5 dogs/handlers per class
Course 1W –
Course 2S –
Course 3W –
Course 4S –
Course 5W –
Course 6S –
Wednesday Classes Location:
Saturday Classes Location: The Recreation Pitch, Hollingdean Park, off Lynchet Close, Brighton BN1 7DY (for the carpark, follow the off road track on the left, just up from the Children’s playground and skate park).
Booster Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a full set of big kit (as learnt in the beginners course)
- Mastering the use of the equipment and focus technique and positioning.
- Introducing new handling techniques.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT BOOSTER CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- CANCELLED DUE TO COVID 19
Saturday 7th November – 9.30am & 10.45am– 1hr – £10 per dog/handler
At: Braypool Recreation Ground, Braypool Lane, by RSPCA, Brighton BN1 8ZH
Intermediate Handling Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a challenging lay out with selected large size equipment.
- Learning and using new handling techniques to progress more efficiently.
- Focus on your communication with your dog.
- Focus on handling techniques to negotiate more challenging sequences.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT HANDLING CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- Date tba! – 9.30am – 1hr – £10 per dog/handler
At: Braypool Recreation Ground (by the RSPCA), Braypool Lane, Brighton, BN1 8ZH
1-2-1 Classes – Tailored to your requirements
- ** Reduced ** Just £16 for 30 – 40mins
1 – 2 – 1 Fun Agility Classes * Advanced bookings only *
- I’ve decided to review the cost of our 1-2-1’s… so with effect from August 2020 – the cost will be £16 for a 30-40 minute session.
(This is a set reduction of 20% from our original price of £20)
Pop Up… Fun Dog Agility Park – A Playground for Dogs!
- Set up as a course with training size equipment
- Learn/practice/have great fun as a regular form of exercise/play with your dog
- Just £5 per dog/handler (for unlimited time)
- Different locations each time
- For beginners and intermediates – dogs from 6mths old+ only
- No need to book! Just come along and enjoy!
NEXT POP UP AGILITY PARKS – No advanced booking needed
Saturday 5th December – 10am – 12pm – at Withdean Park, Peacock Lane, Brighton BN1 CANCELLED Due to COVID19!
So sorry everyone… due to us being in Tier 2 we’ll not be able to run this because the amount of people who usually attend is over 6.
We will be re-scheduling as soon as possible, but more than like it’ll be in the new year!