FUN DOG AGILITY
The difference between ‘Fun Agility’ and ‘Competition Agility’ is that with Fun Agility there’s no pressure involved to be fast or fabulous!
The main purpose is to have fun, burn energy and enhance your great communication and bond with your dog. It’s a recreational sport for you and your dog to enjoy together.
Fun Agility is for all dogs, large and small, young and old, learning at their own pace and having great fun doing so! There’s no negative reprimanding at all… it is run by positive encouragement only.
The overall benefits of Fun Dog Agility
- It’s great exercise (both physically and mentally)
- It can be a great activity to channel some instinctive behaviours.
- It helps with their confidence and focus.
- It strengthens the bond and communication between you.
- Agility is GREAT FUN for both of you!!
- It allows the dogs to enjoy the challenge and achievement no matter how slow or fast their learning capacity is.
There are different ways to enjoy Fun Dog Agility with Dogs Club!
More specific information below these highlights… plus forthcoming dates for your diary!
1. ** Pop-up Fun Agility Park ** – Set up as a course with training size equipment learning/practicing/having fun by running the course.
👉Pop ups are perfect for using once or twice p/month as a regular recreational exercise with your dog! £5 for unlimited time – No pre-booking required.
2. ** 4 Week Courses for Beginners ** – Gradual progressive learning with full/large size equipment, building up to running a full size course. Just £40 per 4 week course – Up to 5 Dogs/handlers per class
3. ** Booster Classes ** – Using the big equipment, with a more challenging set up. Mastering the use of all the equipment and incorporating further handling techniques. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
4. ** Handling Classes (Intermediate level) ** – After you’ve attended a beginners course…. Working on challenging sequences, focusing on handling techniques, using selected full/big size equipment. Just £10 per class – Up to 6 Dogs/handlers per class
5. ** 1-2-1 classes ** – Tailored to your requirements – Any level can be coached in our 1-2-1 sessions (beginners to advanced) Just £20 – 40mins
IMPORTANT NOTE: Puppies are not allowed to jump until they are over 6month old, and only low heights up to 18months.
4 Week Beginners Course
** ADVANCED BOOKINGS ONLY **
- £40 for a 4 week course.
- Progressive learning with large size equipment.
- Introducing new obstacles each lesson.
- Last class will be a full course set up.
- Up to 5 dogs/handlers per class
Course 1W – COURSE CANCELLED! – (Cxll’d due to Covid 19!) Class 1 – Wed 8th April Class 2 – Wed 15th April Class 3 – Wed 22nd April Class 4 – Wed 29th April
Course 2S – COURSE FULL! – (Class times: 10am)
Class 1 – Sun 24th May
Class 2 – Sun 31st May
Class 3 – Sun 7th June
Class 4 – Sun 14th June
Course 3W – 3 SPACES LEFT! – (Class times: 6.15pm & 7.30pm)
Class 1 – Wed 10th June
Class 2 – Wed 17th June
Class 3 – Wed 24th June
Class 4 – Wed 1st July
Course 4S – 1 SPACE LEFT! – (Class times: 10am)
Class 1 – Sun 12th July
Class 2 – SAT 18th July
Class 3 – Sun 26th July
Class 4 – Sun 2nd Aug
Course 5W – 1 SPACE LEFT! – (Class times: 6.15pm)
Class 1 – Wed 5th Aug
Class 2 – Wed 12th Aug
Class 3 – Wed 19th Aug
Class 4 – Wed 26th Aug
Course 6S (Class times: 10am)
Class 1 – Sat 29th Aug
Class 2 – Sat 5th Sept
Class 3 – Sat 12th Sept
Class 4 – Sat 19th Sept
Wednesday Classes Location: Braypool Recreation Ground, by RSPCA, Braypool Lane, Brighton BN1 8ZH
Saturday/Sunday Classes Location: The Recreation Pitch, Hollingdean Park, off Lynchet Close, Brighton BN1 7DY (for the carpark, follow the off road track on the left, just up from the Children’s playground and skate park).
Booster Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a full set of big kit (as learnt in the beginners course)
- Mastering the use of the equipment and focus technique and positioning.
- Introducing new handling techniques.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT BOOSTER CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- Saturday 18th April – 12 midday – 1hr class – £10
At: Braypool Recreation Ground, Braypool Lane, by RSPCA, Brighton BN1 8ZH
Intermediate Handling Classes – (after completing a Beginners Course)
- Using a challenging lay out with selected large size equipment.
- Learning and using new handling techniques to progress more efficiently.
- Focus on your communication with your dog.
- Focus on handling techniques to negotiate more challenging sequences.
- Individual monthly classes.
NEXT HANDLING CLASSES * Advanced bookings only *
- Saturday 21st March – 12 Midday – 1hr class – £10
- Saturday 25th April – 12 Midday – 1hr class – £10
At: Braypool Recreation Ground, by RSPCA, Braypool Lane, BN1 8ZH
1-2-1 Classes – Tailored to your requirements
- £20 for 30-40mins – please ask for further information.
1 – 2 – 1 Fun Agility Classes * Advanced bookings only *
- Dates to be arranged when booking…
Pop Up… Fun Dog Agility Park – A Playground for Dogs!
- Set up as a course with training size equipment
- Learn/practice/have great fun as a regular form of exercise/play with your dog
- Just £5 per dog/handler (for unlimited time)
- Different locations each time
- For beginners and intermediates – dogs from 6mths old+ only
- No need to book! Just come along and enjoy!
NEXT POP UP AGILITY PARKS – No advanced booking needed
Saturday 11th April – 11am – 1pm – Just £5 for unlimited time….. Greenleas Recreation Park, Hangleton Lane, Hangleton, BN3
Saturday 23rd May – 11am – 1pm – Just £5 for unlimited time….. Wish Park, SAXON ROAD end, Hove BN3