FUN DOG AGILITY – The difference between ‘Fun Agility’ and ‘Competition Agility’ is that with Fun Agility there’s no pressure involved to be fast or fabulous! The main purpose is to have fun, burn energy and enhance your great communication and bond with your dog.
Fun Agility is a recreational sport for you and your dog to enjoy together… It aids your dogs’ fitness, being both mentally and physically stimulating and at the very heart of it is to allow the dogs to have fun and enjoy the challenge and achievement no matter how slow or fast their learning capacity is. There’s no negative reprimanding at all… it is run by positive encouragement only.
Fun Agility is for all dogs, large and small, young and old, learning at their own pace and having great fun doing so!
The overall benefits of Fun Dog Agility are:
- Agility will fulfill your dog’s natural instincts. In the wild, dogs are natural hunters, chasing and running after a variety of prey. …
- Agility is great exercise for your dog (it physically and mentally wears them out!). … and great exercise for you!
- Agility helps with their confidence and focus… and can improve their behaviour…
- Agility helps strengthen the bond between you and your dog.
- It’s great Fun!!
We are currently taking bookings for the following Courses/Sessions:-
To book please call/text Kate: 07966 576705
or email: email@example.com
Must be booked and paid for in advance to confirm your place!
- Just £5.50 for approx 40 mins (introductory price)
- Full course set up
- At Peter Gladwin School Grounds
- Arrive: 12 Midday
- Limited number of attendees, so lots of practice rounds each!
Please pay by BACS: A/c: 57022360 Sort: 30.98.74 (Lloyds) A/c name: Dogs Club
Sun 15th July – 1pm– Cancelled
- Sun 29th July – 1pm
BEGINNERS COURSES – £34 for 4 week course
Course 5S – COURSE FULL
Class 1 – Sun 15th July
Class 2 – Sun 22nd July
Class 3 – Sun 29th July
Class 4 – Sun 5th Aug
Course 6W – COURSE FULL
Class 1 – Wed 27th June
Class 2 – Wed 4th July
Class 3 – Wed 11th July
Class 4 – Wed 18th July
Course 7W – 2 PLACES LEFT!
Class 1 – Wed 25th July
Class 2 – Wed 1st Aug
Class 3 – Wed 8th Aug
Class 4 – Wed 15th Aug
Class 1 – Sun 12th Aug
Class 2 – Sun 19th Aug
Class 3 – Sun 26th Aug
Class 4 – Sun 2nd Sept
Class 1 – Sun 9th Sept
Class 2 – Sun 16th Sept
Class 3 – Sun 23rd Sept
Class 4 – Sun 30th Sept
Class 1 – Wed 19th Sept
Class 2 – Wed 26th Sept
Class 3 – Wed 3rd Oct
Class 4 – Wed 10th Oct
INTERMEDIATE COURSES – £34 for a 4 week course
COURSE 6W (INTER) – COURSE FULL
Wed 27th June – 7pm
Wed 4th July – 7pm
Wed 11th July – 7pm
Wed 18th July – 7pm
COURSE 5S (INTER) – 1 space left!
Sun 15th July – 12pm
Sun 22nd July – 12pm
Sun 29th July – 12pm
Sun 5th August – 12pm
COURSE 7W (INTER)
Wed 25th July – 7pm
Wed 1st Aug – 7pm
Wed 8th Aug – 7pm
Wed 15th Aug – 7pm
COURSE 8S (INTER)
Sun 12th Aug – 11am
Sun 19th Aug – 11am
Sun 19th Aug – 11am
Sun 2nd Sept – 11am
COURSE 9S (INTER)
Sun 9th Sept – 11am
Sun 16th Sept – 11am
Sun 23rd Sept – 11am
Sun 30th Sept – 11am
COURSE 10W (INTER)
Wed 19th Sept – 7pm
Wed 26th Sept – 7pm
Wed 3rd Oct – 7pm
Wed 10th Oct – 7pm
You can repeat any of the courses to help really ‘master’ the obstacles before moving on to the next stage!
- We also run 1-2-1 classes – £20 for 30mins – please ask for further information.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* Puppies are not allowed to jump until they are over 6months old, and only low heights up to 18months)
Our training takes place in the enclosed grounds at:- Peter Gladwin School, Drove Road, Portslade BN41 2PA
The aim of the 4 Week Courses are to:
- Improve your handling and communication with your own dog to effectively direct them through an agility course smoothly and with ease.
- Maximise your dogs agility skills whilst having great fun, great exercise (both mentally and physically) and burning off excess energy. A tired dog is a happy dog!
The aim of the ‘Exercise Sessions’ are to:
- Practice what you’ve learnt within the classes and keep progressing as well as enjoying Fun Agility as a regular ‘Recreational Sport’ to enjoy with your dog.
What course should you do?
Best to do the Beginners Course if… you have had no agility experience or have attended our basic taster sessions in the park.
Best to do the Intermediate Course if… you have completed our beginners course or similar experience, ie. reasonably competent on all obstacles (except weaves).
Fun Agility Taster Sessions in the Park
These are Taster Sessions for you to come along in a social, informal environment and enjoy an introduction to a few obstacles from a basic Agility course.
Wish Park – near the Wish Park Cafe…
Just £4.75 per dog which includes a coffee (Americano, Latte or Cappuccino) from The Cafe plus as many guided rounds as possible on the agility course.
Our aim for Fun Agility in the Park is to:
- Have a social and relaxed get together
- An introduction to Fun Dog Agility
- Have guided/supervised use of basic agility obstacles.
- Just drop by and take part!
Forthcoming Taster Sessions in Wish Park are:-
Saturday 28th July 11am – 1pm
at WISH PARK, Wish Road (just off New Church Road), Hove
(We’ll be set up just by Wish Cafe)