FUN DOG AGILITY
The difference between ‘Fun Agility’ and ‘Competition Agility’ is that with Fun Agility there’s no pressure involved to be fast or fabulous!
The main purpose is to have fun, burn energy and enhance your great communication and bond with your dog. It’s a recreational sport for you and your dog to enjoy together.
Fun Agility is for all dogs, large and small, young and old, learning at their own pace and having great fun doing so! There’s no negative reprimanding at all… it is run by positive encouragement only.
The overall benefits of Fun Dog Agility are:-
- It’s great exercise for your dog (both physically and mentally wears them out!)… and great exercise for you too!
- It helps with their confidence and focus.
- It allows the dogs to have fun and enjoy the challenge and achievement no matter how slow or fast their learning capacity is.
- It helps to strengthen the bond and communication between you both.
- Agility is GREAT FUN for both of you!!
There are different ways to enjoy Fun Dog Agility with Dogs Club!
1. **Taster Sessions** – Progressive learning of basic, training size equipment in a simple format.
2. **Pop-up Fun Agility Park** – Set up as a course with training size equipment learning/practicing/having fun by running the course.
👉Pop ups are perfect for using once or twice p/month as a regular recreational exercise with your dog!
3. **4 Week Courses beginners** – Gradual progressive learning with full size equipment, building up to running a full size course.
- IMPORTANT NOTE – Puppies are not allowed to jump until they are over 6months old, and only low heights up to 18months.
4 Week Beginners Course
- £40 for a 4 week course.
- Progressive learning with large or full size equipment.
- Learning new obstacles each lesson.
- Last class will be a full course set up.
- Taught in a fully enclosed space for our use only.
- Using a challenging set up.
- Learning new handling techniques to achieve more efficient progress.
- £20 for 30-40mins – please ask for further information.
Please note: *Puppies are not advised to jump until they are over 6months old, and only low heights up to 18months. This course is suitable for dogs of 6months and over.
2019 Beginners Course Dates/Times:-
Sunday mornings: 10am class & 11.15am class
Wednesday evenings: 6.00pm class & 7.15pm class
|Course 1S – COURSE FULL
Class 1 – Sun 14th April
Class 2 – Sun 21st April
Class 3 – Sun 28th April
Class 4 – Saturday 4th May
|Course 2W – COURSE FULL
Class 1 – Wed 8th May
Class 2 – Wed 15th May
Class 3 – Wed 22nd May
Class 4 – Wed 29th May
Class 1 – Sun 9th June
Class 2 – Sun 16th June
Class 3 – Sun 23rd June
Class 4 – Sun 30th June
Class 1 – Wed 3rd July
Class 2 – Wed 10th July
Class 3 – Wed 17th July
Class 4 – Wed 24th July
- Location: The Recreation Pitch, Hollingdean Park, off Lynchet Close, Brighton BN1 7DY (follow the off road track on the left, just up from the Children’s playground and skate park.)
- There’s a car park at the top of the off road track…
- Please note: Bookings will be taken on a first come first serve basis…
- There are just 5 dogs/handlers in each class, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
‘Pop-Up’… FUN DOG AGILITY PARK
We’re delighted to launch our new ‘Pop-Up Fun Dog Agility Park’…
A playground for Dogs!
- Set up as a course with training size equipment
- Learn/practice/have great fun as a regular form of exercise/play with your dog
- Just £5 per dog/handler (for unlimited time)
- Different locations each weekend
- For beginners and intermediates – dogs from 6mths old+
- No need to book! Just come along and enjoy!
Forthcoming Dates plus many more continuing through the winter:- * 11am – 1.30pm *
Sat 27th April – Greenleas Recreation Ground, Hangleton Way, Hangleton BN3
Fun Agility Taster Sessions
These are Taster Sessions for you to come along in a social, informal environment and enjoy an introduction to a few obstacles from a basic Agility course.
- Just £5 per dog/handler for unlimited time
- An opportunity to come and try Fun Dog Agility
- Learn progressively
- Basic training size equipment in a simple format set up
- Just drop by and enjoy!
- Come along anytime between 11am-1pm